My Commenting Experience

I signed up to be a volunteer commenter for the Student Blogging Challenge. I know how important comments are to making the Student Blogging Challenge interactive, so I decided that I could spare the time each week to comment on at least 5 students’ blogs. Last week I commented on these 5 great blogs before teaching my students about quality commenting:

Coy’s Blog          Madison’s Blog          Hayden’s Blog          Chloe’s Blog          Jayden’s Blog

As part of this week’s task, I went through what makes a quality comment with my students. I learned a few new tricks to help make my own comments even better. The Student Blogging Challenge Week 1 form had so many responses for our first week’s tasks, that I was asked to comment on 5 extra blogs. I think I definitely improved the quality of my comments after this week’s lesson. I made sure to find something to highlight and praise to start my comment. I found a connection between the author and myself and tried to ask a question that would start a conversation. I also made sure to include a greeting and a closing to make my comments more like a friendly letter. Good comments help to make blogging a more exciting experience.  I look forward to checking back in with these great authors to see their work for the rest of the Student Blogging Challenge. Here are the 5 extra blogs that I commented on for the week 1 tasks after going over the lesson on quality commenting:

Ethan’s Blog          Grayden’s Blog          Brandon’s Blog          Ariya’s Blog          Romy’s Blog

So what do you think – did I do a better job of writing quality comments after going through the lesson with my students this week?

Be sure to check out some student blogs from the right sidebar before you go! My students would love to see you practice your quality comments on their posts.